Controversial Ending to Week 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Controversial Ending to Week 5

Post by Penniless Punter on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:40 pm

The controversy: Steve edited his selections post at 1-26pm. This was to erase his Ffos Las selections and change his nap which had been a Ffos Las pick.
Fair enough it seems.
My concern being the result of the 1-15pm at Sandown.
Steve I'm 99% sure would'nt have altered his choice from a different horse to the winner in that 1-26pm edit which leaves a 1% chance he did.
This is of little concern perhaps but Steve must know better than to make a mistake and not to have added a separate post to explain the changes he wished to make which would have been the correct way to proceed rather than edit after a winner.
Does it make any difference to allow Steve's 17/2 winner in the 1-15pm  or not?
Yes. Angela would win without it by £2-61p but to allow it Steve would win by £82-39p.
Am I making a fuss out of nothing?
Probably.
Particularly as Steve had the 1-15 winner in the Mega Race comp today, the race in question.
My feelings are to admonish Steve for a little carelessness and accept his mistake, but I also consider that I'd like Angela to agree to accepting it as well before tabulating the settling.
Angela, your call.

Penniless Punter

Posts : 3936
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Controversial Ending to Week 5

Post by MSC on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:19 pm

I think we should fight to the death! Laughing

MSC

Posts : 1341
Join date : 2013-12-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Controversial Ending to Week 5

Post by MSC on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:20 pm

No - seriously I am sure Steve wouldn't have changed his selection for the early race. 

But it could be because I am feeling in a happy place after the football today!  Laughing

MSC

Posts : 1341
Join date : 2013-12-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Controversial Ending to Week 5

Post by Penniless Punter on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:55 pm

MSC wrote:No - seriously I am sure Steve wouldn't have changed his selection for the early race.
Matter concluded, settling done accordingly.

Penniless Punter

Posts : 3936
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Controversial Ending to Week 5

Post by upduck on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:56 am

Ooopppsss......Sorry Folks. You are quite correct Charles, in that i should have added an extra explanatory post clarifying the edit.
Thanks for understanding the slip-up Angela.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

upduck

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Controversial Ending to Week 5

Post by MSC on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:24 am

What?  So no fight?  Laughing

MSC

Posts : 1341
Join date : 2013-12-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Controversial Ending to Week 5

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum