Year End Saturday December 29th

Go down

Year End Saturday December 29th

Post by Penniless Punter on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 pm

Any thoughts anyone about the future of the Comp?
Is it time to call it a day perhaps?
What are we thinking?
My thoughts are we've reached the end of the road as sad it might seem - I enjoy the added interest to racing on a Saturday but feel without following the rest of the week's action my selections aren't so based on personal choice rather just the numbers of form, prices and any previous c and d info etc which isn't working for me so well.
Without going back to the 6day comp with just the few of us entering we did suggest earlier having a weekend Comp if a decent format could be made.
Any legs in that?
What do you think folks?

Penniless Punter

Back to top Go down

Re: Year End Saturday December 29th

Post by Linoleum on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm happy to carry on as we have been doing this year.  I can manage the one day a week and occasional major/big races.  Would be a shame to see it fold after Charles and Steve have been so faithful to the comp for so long.

Linoleum

Back to top Go down

Post by Penniless Punter on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Linoleum wrote:I'm happy to carry on as we have been doing this year.  I can manage the one day a week and occasional major/big races.  Would be a shame to see it fold after Charles and Steve have been so faithful to the comp for so long.

That's positive, love, thanks for that comment.

Penniless Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:14 am

Have been thinking about next year for a few weeks and here's what I think...........
Weekend Comp - To replace the Saturday Comp?? Can go with that
Major race Comp - I think we can scrap this. Not really working as it used to, for me.
Still keep the Festival Meetings - Ascot, Aintree, Cheltenham maybe one or two other but incorporate the results into the Weekend Comp. Or keep it as a separate comp....King/Queen of The Festivals? Thoughts??
Big Race Comp - I'm undecided on this, so will go with the majority view. Maybe a small tweak in the rules might refresh it a bit, minimum 10 runners possibly.

Have been a bit hit and miss this year due to new relationship taking up my time on weekends, unfortunately this has come to an end so can get back on it for 2019

Last edited by upduck on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional bits)

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by Linoleum on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:12 pm

I could cope with a Weekend Comp and include the Festival Meetings with it (you'll still need to tell me when and what they are!).
I get a bit overwhelmed when there are Major/Big races to deal with but happy to go with majority view.

Steve, sorry to hear your year has been unsettled.  May you have a blessed and peaceful Christmas.

Linoleum

Back to top Go down

Post by Penniless Punter on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm

I like the idea of a King/Queen of the Festivals Comp, Steve, over the individual ones, nice idea.
If you can devise a weekend Comp format, Steve, all well and good, good luck with that.
I think we should keep the Big Races comp, maybe including more of them if we're dropping the Major races comp which we could do.
The overall winner we could call 'Champion Tipster'  rather than 'Saturday Comp' winner.

Penniless Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by upduck on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:55 am

Penniless Punter wrote:I like the idea of a King/Queen of the Festivals Comp, Steve, over the individual ones, nice idea.
If you can devise a weekend Comp format, Steve, all well and good, good luck with that.
I think we should keep the Big Races comp, maybe including more of them if we're dropping the Major races comp which we could do.
The overall winner we could call 'Champion Tipster'  rather than 'Saturday Comp' winner.
I'll see what i can come up with  Smile

upduck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum