Is Punting Only Guesswork?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Punting Only Guesswork?

Post by Penniless Punter on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:30 pm

No such thing as a certainty, it is said.
I would suggest each selection on average is 60 - 70% hope and intuition, and 30- 40% reliable form.
Horses are generally inconsistent and unreliable, say 60% of them, anyway.
It's no wonder racing is a bookmaker's benefit set-up.
Not in our racing Comp though!!
No losses and all the competitivity and excitement, and more, of real betting without the worry of losing your shirt, family, home and sanity!!
Haha!
We're on a winner!!

Penniless Punter

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Punting Only Guesswork?

Post by MSC on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Mine is totally guesswork.  i look at the recent form and I look for a pattern of numbers.  this has nothing to do with 111111 however.  It may be 64432 it just has to look "right". I then look to see if I recognise the jockey and ocasionally I look him or her up to see when they last won and who the owner was.  if all these things align, then I bet!   lol!   (or I just choose number seven  tongue )

MSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Penniless Punter on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:08 pm

MSC wrote:Mine is totally guesswork.  i look at the recent form and I look for a pattern of numbers.  this has nothing to do with 111111 however.  It may be 64432 it just has to look "right". I then look to see if I recognise the jockey and ocasionally I look him or her up to see when they last won and who the owner was.  if all these things align, then I bet!   lol!   (or I just choose number seven  tongue )

.........or listen to the horses themselves you've suggested you do previously!
Seriously, there's no system going to be foolproof.
Picking no. 7 is as good as anything else, particularly if you're a Christian, presumably! (Not you, Angela, I mean generally).
I tend to go for selections that I felt ran Promisingly last time out but of course there's loads everyday it seems I've not heard/seen run before, so that system usually goes astray. (Heaven knows how there's loads of horses running everyday which I don't know, it seems they're from another planet!)
Hopeless!! Rolling Eyes

Penniless Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum